Rule Cemetery - Holmes County, Mississippi
(submitted by submitted by Gerald & Tammy Westmoreland)
Rule Cemetery is located on Webster Creek Road south of Highway 14. 32.968056, -90.069444 [google map]
Please submit your Holmes County, Mississippi cemetery records and updates for researchers to share. Send your information to the Holmes County, Mississippi Genealogy & History Network at: email@example.com
- AIKEN, James b. Derry N.H. Aug 1817 d. Aug 19, 1850 Age 33 yrs
- AIKEN, John d. Oct 7, 1859 Age 2 yrs. Son of James Aiken
- BROWN, John James b. Dec 5, 1860 d. Sept 12, 1870 Son of G.A. & N.C. Brown
- BROWN, Lucy Margaret b. April 21, 1862 d. Sept 6, 1870 Dau of C.A. & N.C. Brown
- BROWN, Nancy Adaline b. Dec 23, 1864 d. Feb 15, 1865 Dau of G.A. & N.C. Brown
- HUBERT, Sarah Ann b. Nov 1, 1832 d. July 6, 1841 Dau of Catherine Pierce Hubert
- LITTLE, Aggy Consort of S.H. Little/Dau of F.W. & Rachel Nance. Born Granville, Co. N.C. Mar 22, 1818. Married S. H. Little Dec 12, 1839. Professing the religion of a Christian May 1840. Died July 8, 1841.
- NANCE, Cyrus d. April 12, 1846 Age 33 yrs 7 mos & 13 das.
- RULE, Anna C. b. Oct 13, 1786 d. April 19, 1853 Age 66 yrs 6 mo & 26 das. Wife of Henry Pierce and Thomas Rule
- RULE, Eliz. L. b. April 11, 1820 d. April 10, 1834
- RULE, Enos d. Aug 30, 1834 Age 6 yrs 8 mos & 17 da. Son of Nathan & Margaret Rule
- RULE, Francis M. b. Dec 12, 1824 d. June 10, 1841
- RULE, Thomas b. 1787 d. July 22, 1850 Age 63 yrs Soldier in War of 1812 Cpl. 13 Regt Nixon’s Miss Militia
- Records at the Holmes County Library indicate the following persons were buried at this cemetery, but markers are missing or/are no longer readable:
- RULE, Lewis b. Nov 21, 1820 d. May 19, 1830
- LITTLE, Virginia Ann d. May 30, 1859 Age 2 yrs 3 mos & 15 das. Dau of S. Little
- NOTE; Anna C. Rule, above was the daughter of Bartholomew Jacoby, a revolutionary soldier. Her first husband was Henry Pierce, from Pennsylvania, a revolutionary soldier, who was slain by the Indians in the War of 1812, near Natchez, Miss. She married Thomas Rule about 1815 in Pike County, Miss. (This record is on file with Daughters of American Revolution, Washington, D.C.).
Back to Holmes County Cemeteries